Friday, September 28, 2007

One Evening walk @ FC Road, Pune

I remember coming across a beautiful scene which touched my heart and made my belief on Humanitarian (hope its not too much big word) stronger. Scene goes like this, i used to stay in a hostel @ Pune and each Sunday evening hostel mess was closed and we have to go out for the food. It was a rainy Sunday evening and it was raining heavily. We reached the start of the FC road towards Deccan and we were walking casually... i reached near Flower Shop near Cafe Coffee Day, whose owner knew me by face and when ever i pass by him, he smiles at me...We didn't knew each other (its just that i used to go and buy flowers from him for any occasions in my college) and still we used to smile at each other, that's what proves, Smile is a universal language.

At some distance near a ice-cream store i saw two young children, about 6 to 7 yrs of age, who were begging for the money from passer by...Raining was a bit slower when i saw them and i felt pity on them, i thought to give them something. But before i reach near them, i saw a beautiful girl going to them, holding them by hand and taking them to that ice-cream store. She bought 2 packets of wafers and gave it to them. And she was about to go but at the same time she asked them,"What you will drink after eating this?" and she went back to the shop again and bought a bottle of water and gave it to them.

I was just looking at this beautiful scene and people with me walked ahead of me, without realising i am not with them... i am still at the ice-cream shop...may be i was still in the event that just occurred in front of me. I am sure for someone this thought will be what so great about it but i am even sure for someone its one of the most beautiful smile they can ever see.

No comments: